Le Dîner en Blanc returns to Montreal on August 13, 2015
For the 7th consecutive year, the city of Montreal hosts Le Dîner en Blanc. On Thursday, August 13th, the annual secret affair, promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic, as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes prior to the commencement of the event. Over 5,500 foodies, fashion and cultural enthusiasts have attended the event in the past and 6,000 are expected this year.
A Secret Affair
Bystanders will witness groups of guests all dressed in white gathering at one of the 25 specific rallying points all across the city bringing along tables, chairs and picnic baskets. These groups, made up of 250 to 300 people travelling by metro or chartered buses, will converge on one of Montreal’s most beautiful spaces, kept secret until their arrival.
“Le Dîner en Blanc success can be attributed to different factors”, says Aymeric Pasquier, one of Le Dîner en Blanc founder’s sons and organizer of Le Dîner en Blanc de Montréal. “This event puts its participants at the heart of the evening. Each guest participates actively in the event by bringing their own tables, chairs, gourmet meal, champagne and wine. Moreover, since it is an elegant evening, guests carefully pick their all-white outfit and accessories. Le Dîner en Blanc is a festive and involving evening that conveys values of community, friendship and sharing.”
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. When at the end of the evening the trumpet sounds, guests pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
About Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. Dîner en Blanc - Paris now attracts nearly 15,000 people each year. For the past 4 years, the concept has spread throughout the world like wildfire. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated in more than 60 cities in 25 different countries around the world. The concept of Le Dîner en Blanc is well-known in Quebec, but few people know that Dîner en Blanc International, responsible for the global development of this event, is a Montreal organization co-founded by Aymeric Pasquier and Sandy Safi.
From Sydney to New York via Singapore, London, Los Angeles, Kigali, Haiti and Mexico City, each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces.
A FEW KEY RULES:
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
GUESTS MUST BRING:
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit the official website: montreal.dinerenblanc.info/about.
For all official videos of Dîner en Blanc around the world, visit YouTube Le Dîner en Blanc
For more info and photos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit the official website dinerenblanc.info.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: